  From: Carol Pratt
  To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 7:03 PM
  Subject: Re: tips to avoid getting glue on paper

  I worked in a lab once that used straight PVA, and we set the hinge and
  the pastedown at the same time.  Later I studied with a binder in
  Eugene, who sets the hinge first, lets it dry (an hour or so), then
  lays the endpaper.  Works perfectly 99+% of the time.  I can't remember
  how long ago I had to "re-do" a pastedown, because position can be
  checked and corrected before making that last step.

  Guess we each have our particular ways.  When I am training or teaching
  I tell people there is not ONE way to do anything, and there are no new
  mistakes.

  Carol
  Eugene, OR
  =======