Re: [BKARTS] Spring '04 Edition of Folio: The Book Arts News at FAU

At 02:20 PM 2/16/2004 -0500, you wrote:
Hi John,
      How are you? I'm doing well -- heading your direction this Friday --
Denis Brown, that famous Irish calligrapher, is teaching a weekend
workshop for
our guild.
       Do you still have room in your Spring Book Intensive, and is it
something a beginner like myself could do?? I would really like to learn about
leather binding -- what do you think? and is there "on campus" housing?
       Thanks so much!!
           All best to you,
             Ginger

Hi Ginger,

I'm fine thanks, just BUSY! Yes, you can do this, and you should. I think
you'd really learn a lot from Paula. I have 1 spot confirmed and 3 others
reserved at this point, so there is still space available, but folks are
just receiving word about the workshop. No on-campus housing that I know
of; we usually put folks up at the Fairfield Inn, which is probably about a
mile away: 3400 Airport Road, Boca Raton 33431. It's a very new place, and
the FAU rate is, last we knew, $69 plus tax ($75.90 a night total). Two
double beds or a king, with breakfast bar. The only possible hitch is that
FAU normally pays these bills, but this would not be the case, of course,
in your case. Still, we figure it's worth a shot though to ask for the "FAU
Rate". Normal rate is almost double that.

The number is 1 800 228 2800 and Ulla Gray, our secretary here at the
library, usually deals with the assistant manager, Jeff Klein (she dealt
with him last in November). Let me know how it goes if you give this FAU
rate a try.

Hope to see you in March!
John

John Cutrone The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection Florida Atlantic University Wimberly Library Boca Raton, Florida