Re: [BKARTS] Photo and Poetry

I use the book "Making Journals by Hand" by Jason Thompson as inspiration
for my High School photo students.

I have had success with an accordian fold design, as well as a japanese
binding.
One of my favorite projects for secondary students is the "guide book" we
map fold a large (11x17 - 24x36) photograph and attach covers. Extra
embelishment is individualized.

I use poetry with photography all the time. My students start each class
by reading a poem, and describing the photograph they would take to
illustrate the poem. It is a great excercise for developing creativity and
visualization.

Justin Miller