Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 15 Feb 2004 to 16 Feb 2004 (#2004-44)

Dear Christine,

One way to really get kids involved in book arts is to make a web search and
let them teach themselves about book arts through their research I have done
both and I find it worked wonderfully.  I also created a powerpoint from a web
search I've made so I could address various areas within book arts
specifically.   Of course, the powerpoint is only for classroom consumption as I have not
asked the artists or researchers for permission to use their images (although
I have credited them or their sites).   The webcrawl really is fun because it
really allows students to be active learners as opposed to passive receivers.
 I am particularly in love with the smithsonian book arts/science show that
you call pull from the web.   Just looking at the variety of interpretations
that presents is a book arts education in itself.  And there are so many sites
that provide real instruction.  I have loads of books I've bought over the
years, but I get a whole lot from the web too.