Re: [BKARTS] Need help

Chuck & Julie Basham wrote:

I could use some advice. I am making a book for someone in which the
text block is about 1/2 inch thick. The pages are printed off my
computer so they are not folded but single sheets stacked together.
The customer wants a book that looks just like a commercially made
book with hard covers, etc. I have made books before that I sewed
together many signatures then glued and put muslin on the spine, etc.

I've done a number of books like this. One really good trick is to glue the book block and then when it's dry put it in a vise and make five cuts about a 1/16th inch deep across the spine at an angle. Lay threads into the cuts and glue them down, leaving at least an inch or so extending to attach the covers.

-- JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764 77501-Cancun Q. Roo Mexico http://www.madlaughter.com

http://www.newsroom-l.net