[BKARTS] limited edition art book?

Hi all,
This is a question posted to me by a co-worker.  I'd appreciate any suggestions you can provide him.  He is Philadelphia based.
Thank you!

My friend Brian and I are planning on putting together a limited edition art book for sale by subscription for around $75 a copy, largely through pre-orders. We are planning on around 50 pages, with the color plates glued in (is that called mounted?), in a satin or canvas binding and a slipcase. Once we decide what materials we want to use and are ready to find a printer, how should we do that? I'm assuming the typical printer, used to handling catalogues and brochures, won't be able to meet our needs. Is there a directory of presses that can be hired to produce that sort of book?

Stay informed on Election 2004 and the race to Super Tuesday. *********************************************** See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©* Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine ***********************************************