Re: [BKARTS] Traditional bookbinding [inkjet]

Buck wrote:

>OK, now I'm curious. How on earth do you use an ink jet to print
>on rigid materials like wood and metal?

First, wood and metal are not necessarily rigid. Wood veneer is flexible
enough to go through most inkjet printers, and metal can be as thin as gold
leaf, which is too thin for printers, though now that I say this I guess I
have to try running some Patent Leaf through the printer. Patent leaf is
mounted on paper and used for applications like signs. It might be
interesting to print an image with archival ink on 23K gold and mount it to
glass....

Many inkjet printers have straight line feed paths for heavier stock,
particularly large format printers, even fairly rigid materials can be
printed.

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com