Re: [BKARTS] conservation of Johnson's Dictionary

Dear Nate:

Seems like the treatment might be  something to work out with the
owner/custodian.  I just re-backed one of those 1755 Johnson's.  The
boards had more than their fair share of  "character", but they could
still protect the textblock after I re-attached them. They (the
boards) made it this far, and since they could still do their job, I
hated to take them off.

I suppose a dealer might be able to address  any cash value added or
subtracted in the rebinding process.

Good luck,

chela
--