[BKARTS] Karpeles

Hello Everybody,
I was speaking to a non book arts person today who mentioned the
Karpeles Manuscript Library. There is
one nearby me here in Newburgh NY. I realized that I have never heard
mention of it by anyone on the list here and was wondering what, if
anything, anyone might know about it? Apparently, it is "the world's
 largest private holding of important original manuscripts &
documents". In the conservation community, I thought that it might come
up every now and then. Is it a reputable institution? A mercenary
corporation that just happens to deal in manuscripts and documents? I
know that it's not quite books and bookbinding but I'm curious to know
if anyone has ever had any dealings with them. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jesse