Re: [BKARTS] paste cooking temperatures

Sandy,
I meant to reply last time - so I'll respond now with what works for us.
We found that the old cook and stir did not get hot enough either so now
we have an individual coiled burner/hot plate that we use to bring distilled water to a rolling boil in a beaker.
We mix 23 grams of wheat paste and add 30 ml of room temp water - let it sit for 10 minutes and then add 200 ml of boiling water and stir.  We never get lumps.
We make up a new batch usually every Monday morning and refrigerate the paste each night.
Fool proof every time.

Michelle