[BKARTS] Need advice from Librarians...

I would like to know what material is used to hold open a book in an
exhibition. I'm looking for the transparent material which can be cut into strips,
then wrapped around pages and one of the boards to hold the book open for viewing
when it is standing on its tail. A mylar,? but what weight? I've tried it but
my mylar seems too thick(heavy) to stay glued or taped.Does it come in a
roll? or does one just cut it as needed? Who supplies it?
Thanks...

Nancy Bloch