[BKARTS] homemade glue

I am going to be spending some time at a women's paper-making cooperative in
Burkina Faso, West Africa and need some help with glue recipes for making
envelopes and other products.  I am needing to find ingredients that are
easily available, easy to make and if possible last for a few days (covered)
without drying out.

I am wondering what suggestions any of you have to offer.

Thanks so much. gwen