[BKARTS] Stink Ink Query

I'm plotting a modest Father's Day book+ exhibition here at Idaho Center
for the Book and am printing catalogue/essay intended to delicately
evoke The Age of Aquarius.  The exhibit will focus on a handmade,
illustrated book (journal/diary/meditation--in a sweet, loose-leaf,
paisely, tie-dye kinda way) made by a father who left his wife and to-be
born son to follow another lifestyle in San Francisco in the 1970s.

The catalogue essay is about this book (recently recovered), its author
(who died of AIDS in the 1980s), and  is by the bookmaker's son, born in
Boise.

This catalogue will be offset printed, probably saddlestitched.  (Some
may be handsewn with those rainbow-colored ribbons reputed to be found
in the hair of that era's Love Children by the Bay.)

My question (pardon the deep background) is: has anyone had experience
adding aromatic oils to printing inks?  I am smitten with the idea of
adding patchouli oil to ink--a form of biblio aromatherapy designed to
evoke an Age and Father Past.  (I could douse or spatter a page with
patchouli, but that's an additional step in a tight schedule and might
stain the page.)

Any advice deeply appreciated!

Tom Trusky, Director
Hemingway Western Studies Center and