[BKARTS] Shocking

I'm trying to clean off my desk before going to Toronto later this week.  I
found the clipping re-typed below.  It was tucked away in the business
section and, to my knowledge, is not available online.

MINDING THE MUMMY
Dylan Loeb McClain
New York Times 4/11/04

Universal Studios Orlando came up with a new way to promote its Revenge of
the Mummy ride, which is scheduled to open on May 21.
   In late March, it sent out what appeared to be books about the ride
wrapped in gauze and bearing the message: "Warning: This book is shocking
and not recommended for the faint of heart." It also said, "To not
experience the shock, place book on tabletop while opening."
   Those who open the book without putting it on a table are shocked -
literally. Each book is wired with a double-A battery that generates 1.5
volts of electricity. Three hundred books were sent to travel writers.
   Susan Lomax, a vice president for public relations at Universal Studios
Orlando, says that no one has complained about the shock. "It is supposed to
be a surprise, but an educated surprise," she said. "You should know what's
coming."