Re: [BKARTS] pressing tins

Marvel,
I bought mine at Metal Supermaket. They have a website at http://www.metalsupermarkets.com
I started with zinc sheets because that is what all the old books said to use but I found later that stainless steel is less likely to have glue adhere to it.
I have tried plexiglas like some people recommended but found it too thick.
Hope this helps,
Dave

At 08:36 AM 5/6/04 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I am wondering what most bookbinders use for pressing tins.  Where would one purchase pressing tins?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Marvel Maring

>        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>
>     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
>     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

"Today the nations of the world may be divided into two
classes - the nations in which the government fears the
people, and the nations in which the people fear the government."
     - Amos R. E. Pinochet