Re: [BKARTS] mulling it over, from a newbie

I use a very finely woven cotton I buy at a yardage store.

Signa

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Edward Stansell
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 7:50 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mulling it over, from a newbie

Jet,

I'm not sure what grade of super TALAS sells, but the only US manufacturer
ICG/Holliston stopped producing their 1351B. I don't particularly like the
next
grade down, but it's not too bad.  For heavier weight books I use napped
flannel. You can purchase this from Gane Brothers & Lane.  You may prefer
using
unbleached muslin. This product has been used by blankbook makers for
centuries.

Ed