From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of FCB
Book Arts
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 12:50 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: pressing tins

I always wrap my pressing tins in waxed paper.  I had an incident a while
back where I left a book in my standing press overnight with pressing tins
in it, and I guess a combination of sharp edges, too much glue, too much
pressure, and too much time, made the pressing tins a permanent part of the
book.

I use metal flashing from Home Depot for my smaller pressing tins, and buy
from www.OnlineMetals.com when I need larger sizes.  They will custom cut
metal sheets into specified measurements.

Rich