Re: [BKARTS] how to sign work?

We use two methods of signing our work:

1.  A little rectangular label which we make up ourselves, laser-printed onto a
parchment-type semi-translucent paper.  The labels are made up in Microsoft
Word.  We make up two labels:  one for a bookbinding job, and another for a book
restoration job  (eg "bound by.... " and "restored by....").  After printing (in
sheets), two coats of Klucel G are applied, to stop the toner migrating.  Then,
it
is glued onto the lower inside left corner of the rear board.

2.  We have two typeholders permanently set up with brass type, for fine
bindings:  One with 4pt and one with 6pt type, each indicating our business
name, city, and year.  This signature is placed in gold along the lower leather
turn-in of the inside front board.

Both the labels and brass type are made in-house, so that we can change the year
showing, each year.

We were led to make these "signatures" not from our own desire, but from our
customer's requests.  It is they who wanted a record of work done showing on the
book itself, other than business card and invoice.

We hope that this helps.

Peter Krantz.

Book Restorations.
34 Clanville Road,
Roseville,
N.S.W.        2069,
Australia.

(P.O. Box 500,  North Sydney,  N.S.W.  2059.)

Telephone:  +61 2 9416.9900
Fax:  +61 2 9416.6800
Email:  restore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Established:  1976