[BKARTS] Glue trouble

My wife and I are printing and binding a series of books, and are having
a bit of a problem with the materials. We are using a broadcloth to
cover the boards, and do not know what kind of glue to use to paste the
end papers to the cover. The endpaper sticks well enough with PVA to the
board, but not to the broadcloth (We used hot glue to tack it to the
board in the first place).

What suggestions do you have (besides changing the cloth, we like the
look, and the price) as to what kind of glue we could use? We've tried
rubber cement, PVA, UHU gluestick, and Elmer's spray adhesive - none of
them have the staying power (Each one lasted about two days before they
started peeling). We are pressing the books for about 24 hours each.

Please help!

R.Temp

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes