Re: [BKARTS] how to sign work?

On May 7, 2004, at 11:28 AM, Carole Vanderhoof wrote:

I am doing modern rebinding as well as replica and restoration work.
How do you sign your work? Sometimes I see a tiny sticker on the back
pastedown...is this acceptable practice? If so, where do you get your
stickers printed?

******************************
I like and encourage the idea of placing a small, "dated" label on the
inside, back cover of a treated book. It will allow another person the
opportunity to understand and learn from the work, even in that small
way. I use a label with my logo and the year (size is 3/16" x 3/8"),
while another similar label contains the word "Deacidified".
The labels for a number of years are prepared on a computer. I then had
the original photocopied in a reduced size on various colors of copy
paper. The labels are trimmed out as needed.
When a book involves an extended and special treatment, I insert a
detailed treatment report into the back of the book. It is the same
information that is included on the invoice, but printed in 8 pt type,
again with name and the year. Many binders have done this, including
Carolyn Horton and Roger Powell, and it is a real treat and pleasure to
see that information.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695