Re: [BKARTS] Glue trouble

    To use a fabric for bookcloth merely because you like its appearance is
asking for trouble.  I've never found it to work.  The problems aren't problems
with adhesion, but with the stretching of the fabric and the fact that glue
comes through the fabric.
    The suggestion on this thread of using a heat tissue to create a backing
for the fabric seems like a very good one.  I'll try it out the next time I
encounter an irresistible fabric in a fabric store.
Jet

Edward Stansell wrote:

> Gavin,
>
> You forget that most bookcloth has no paper backing.  The cloth with a paper
> backing is thin and weak and is in need of a paper back to make it usable.
>
> Ed

>  MDE - Innovation 2004: An International Bookbinding Design Competition
>                        60,000 Euro in total prizes
>               Full information at <http://www.mde2004.org/>
>             E N T R Y  D E A D L I N E  -- J U N E 1, 2 0 0 4

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes