[BKARTS] Japanese books

I have bound books with Japanese structures before, but they have always
been blank.  Now I am looking to bind one with english language content.

Problem A:
I do not own any printing equipment more specialized than a laser printer,
and I suspect Japanese paper does not fare well in a such.

So what questions do I ask and where do I look to get the text onto the paper?

Problem B:
Should I orient the text so that you flip left to right?

Or would it be more aesthetically pleasing to have it perpendicular to the
spine? And, if so, should it be laid out with a left-hand or a right-hand
orientation (i.e. which way would you tip the book to start reading)?

 - Rachael Schechter

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes