Re: [BKARTS] Mulling it over

At 08:12 AM 12/05/2004 -0500, Jules Siegel wrote:
Edward Stansell wrote:

The purpose of language is to communicate thoughts, etc. ... You asked
for help from the group, then insist on confusing the issue by using
inappropriate words.

Well, Gavin is involved in poetry, so I guess that gives him some license to bend language to his own ends.

You guys... I apologized for the clumsy and confusing attempt to differentiate the Singer sewing from hand sewing. I have reviewed my postings, and I find that I used the word thread correctly, to refer to the material, thread, and not to confound the operation, sewing. It has nothing to do with poetry.

When do we get to see some images of your techniques, Gavin? You seem to
have invented/discovered something very useful that I, personally, would
like to know more about. Words don't help a lot on this.

I'm afraid I have no photographs now. I will try to make some soon and post them somewhere.

As for new, I don't think it is so new.  Just a variation on techniques
that have been in use for a long time.  If you follow the directions
closely, you will find that everything is pretty familiar.

All the best, Gavin

                      60,000 Euro in total prizes

See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com> ***********************************************