Re: [BKARTS] INK BALL used for Shakespeare's First Folio

-----Original Message-----
From: Marilyn Zornado [mailto:mz@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 10:20 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: INK BALL used for Shakespeare's First Folio

I need to make a replica of the type of INK BALL the could have been
used on Shakespeare's first folio when it was printed in 1623 in London.
I have found engravings of German ink balls, but nothing from this
period in England.

Can anyone point me to a source of an image or other information?  I
would also be interested in any information on printing in England
during this time.

Thank you,

Marilyn Zornado
Portland, Oregon