[BKARTS] Slip Case directions?

The need to make a slip case for a large photo album has arisen.  I've been through my limited library and don't find anything on slip cases; would someone give me a book recommendation that has very good directions with diagrams or pictures.  (I'm an amateur and still need those visual aids!)  I couldn't talk them into a clam shell box - that I know how to make.

Also, what do you use for a heavier bookboard/Davey type material?  Would you glue two or three regular (.095) pieces together or use some different product?

Thanks for your help,

Cathy Dery

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes