[BKARTS] Smoothing Leather

I have a kangaroo skin that is some what crinkled do to questionable packing.
The center section of the skin is in good shape but the neck and leg/belly need
to be smoothed out for them to be useful for me. The skin is about 1.2 mm thick
and I was intending to use the neck section to make a small limp binding with a
long stitch. What would be the best way to remove the wrinkles/creases?

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask this question.

Thanks...
rj

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes