[BKARTS] Naugahyde

Has anyone ever used Naugahyde?  I picked some up recently for a client who wanted a better looking imitation leather (the objection to leather was not one of expense, but rather animal rights -- so I was happy to comply).   So I bought 3 yards of Naugahyde, each with a different grain.  They all look great!  The problem is, they are impossible to work with.  It has a thick padding on the back.  It won't turn and it won't glue.

I sanded off most of the padding, which I thought might help.  And it does a little, but I'm using PVA, and I can't get the turn-ins to stick at all.  Just wondering if anyone has ever had any luck with it.  I wouldn't have even considered using Naugahyde if I hadn't seen it listed on another bookbinding website.

Aaarrghh!

Rich

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes