Re: [BKARTS] stack paper cutters?

i purchased a Marti Yale 7000E cutter last year and i love it.  it's
relatively small and entirely non-electric.  it'll go up to 2inches of
stacked paper and i've had a great time using it.

http://www.factory-express.com/Paper_Cutters/Martin_Yale_Commercial_7000E_C/martin_yale_commercial_7000e_c.html

(i didn't get it from this site, but it's a nice picture of the beastie)

- kbk

> Would anyone on the list have any recommendations for a cutter that can be
> used effectively to trim the edges of 1 to 1-1/2 in. textblocks? I have
> several rebindings I'm working on - all of which involve textblocks that
> were glued on the spine. Some of these textblocks have very old glue dried
> up and crumbling on the spine, and I'd like to trim it neatly to start
> again. I've been looking into purchasing a new (and would even settle for
> gently used) paper/board cutter, and ran into something called a "stack
> paper cutter". But, I'm not sure if this will work on a stack of older
> paperback pages. Has anyone used a device like this, and would they
> recommend it? Or, should I stick to looking into a Kutrimmer, or some other
> suitable cutter. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Angelique P.S.

>  MDE - Innovation 2004: An International Bookbinding Design Competition
>                        60,000 Euro in total prizes
>               Full information at <http://www.mde2004.org/>
>             E N T R Y  D E A D L I N E  -- J U N E 1, 2 0 0 4

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes