[BKARTS] Workshop with Susan King

Workshop with SUSAN KING
JULY 5 ? 9 at Visual Studies Workshop
Now What? Enlivening Your Artist's Book
http://www.vsw.org/education/sumschedule.html

The focus of the workshop is the intermediate stage of book projects,
with an emphasis on enlivening these projects and our relationship to
work itself. After reviewing techniques such as brainstorming and
writing exercises, we will concentrate on the changing nature of
creative work, and learn techniques to support our best efforts.
Practical topics such as editing text and image, planning and scheduling
will round out the week. There will be time to discuss projects already
in progress and general work related problems. Participants should be
prepared for an intense and challenging working environment and can
expect to have several projects past the preliminary stage by week's
end.

Pre-requisite: "Developing Ideas for Artist's Books," or experience as a
working artist, writer or designer.

Susan King is an artist and writer who has been making books since 1975.
Her work is in major artist's book collections such as the Getty
Research Institute and the Victoria and Albert Museum Library. She
recently moved from Los Angeles to rural Kentucky where she is setting
up a writing, photography and bookarts studio.

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes