From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Maurene Fritz/Yehuda Miklaf
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 7:44 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Scroll cases

Does anyone out there make scroll cases? I am trying to find a source of
tubing in sizes that telescope into each other just enough to allow for
covering materials.

I have tried making my own tubing by wrapping PVC drain pipe in release
paper and then covering it with layers of acid-free paper. I wet the paper
first, paste it out and then roll it tightly over the pipe. Three layers
gives quite a solid tube. However, it's bit time-consuming and tends to take
things over budget.

Yehuda Miklaf
Jerusalem

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes