Re: [BKARTS] water resistant cover materials

Michelle,

I'll bet the cover material you speak of was pyroxylin coated (or
impregnated) as opposed to acrylic. Until just a few years ago, nearly every book cover
material made in the US was coated or impregnated with pyroxylin. The EPA ended
the common use of this product because of the waste products produced in the
manufacture.  These materials are very rugged and water proof (not just
resistant).    There are still many thousands of yards in the stock of bookbinders
and on the shelves of some supply houses. We have  a good number of yards of
pyroxylin treated material and use it often.

Regards,

Ed

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes