Re: [BKARTS] AW: lifting pasted pastedowns

    I have developed a way of lifting pastedowns which seems to work well.
First I scrape around the border of the pastedown using a very thin blade to
remove that part which impinges on the turn ins.
Then I clamp the cover and, using a small rotary sander, remove the rest of
the paste-down.  Of course, this destroys the original pastedown, but when I
am recasing books I always choose a new set of endpapers anyway.  It sounds
brutal and heavyhanded, but the sanding is really a gentle process that
doesn't damage the boards.
    It is not clear to me whether Florian's method preserves the original
pastedowns, nor why this is even necessary.
    Also, what is a Gore-Tex sandwich?
Thanks for your help,
Jet

--

Jet Wimp
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels seeking a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel from the
front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back counter.

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes