[BKARTS] large cow or buffalo skins

Jake, about three years ago I needed a hide for a huge (I mean huge!) Regency
desktop.
Hewit & Sons supplied with me with a very, very large dyed calfskin (looked
like a small cow suit!) The only drawback was, as I recall, an almost two month
delivery schedule because they had to special order from their (I think)
Scandinavian supplier. They handled the job with their usual good humor and
efficiency.
Two months ago a client sent me some pieces of dyed, vegetable tanned cowhide
which he picked up in Buenos Aires. I believe that he said the firm was
called, what else?, the Argentine Tannery. He is again out of the country but I've
emailed him to try for more details. I hope that time is not pressing.
Lastly, TALAS is carrying some South American leathers; I bet they'd inquire
of their supplier for you. Best, James

James Tapley
Hand Bookbinder
2077 Thirteenth Street