Re: [BKARTS] Bookbinding board supplier

Kathy,

If you want do use magnesium carbonate, it ia available from Talas.  Mixed
with water, it will settle out of solution if not constantly agitated. but you
can soak you paper in water/magnesium carbonate prior to mounting.

I would recommend using non acid paper to start. That way you needn't have
concern for pH.  To be on the alkaline side you may dip you papers in
ammonia/water to adjust the pH more toward the alkaline. Ammonia mixes well with the
water and its cheap.

Regards,
Ed
http://www.bookrestoration.net/