Re: [BKARTS] Deacidifying paper used for pasteboard

James,

Whether or not you have denseness or rigidity in "apprentice board" depends
on both the adhesive and the press. I usually use wheat starch paste but when I
want a extremely hard board, I use fish glue.  They always harder and more
rigid than commercial binder's board.

A large standing press can exert approximately two tons of pressure. I have a
large tabletop press with a standard screw as opposed to the usual Acme
screw. This press gives me close to double that of my big standing press.

The combination of these presses and the fact that I always use highly
calendared paper; my boards are always quite satisfactory.

Regards,
Ed http://www.bookrestoration.net/

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes