[BKARTS] In memory of Aiko Nakane

It is with great sadness that we forward the following information.

Aiko Nakane the founder of Aiko's Art Materials in Chicago passed away on
Wednesday, May 19 around 4:00 PM.  She was 95 years old.

Known for decades as one of the leading suppliers of materials to the Book
and Paper fields, Aiko's was one of the first importers of fine Japanese
papers and art supplies. Until recently, the pleasant and charming Mrs.
Nakane could be found in her store, always willing to give advice and
information of the materials she loved and was so knowledgeable about.

For those in the area:

Visitation will be at: Monday 5-24 from 4:00 PM.- 8 PM.
at the Lake View Funeral Home,
1458 West Belmont
Chicago, IL. 60657
773/472-6300

Services will be at: Tuesday 5-25 at  2:30 PM.
at Church of Christ Presbyterian
5846 N. Spalding
Chicago, IL. 60659
773/267-6290

The family requests that in her honor, contributions may be made to:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra, 220 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60604 & the
contact is Michelle Miller; Japanese American Service Committee; or the Aiko
Nakane Fellowship, Columbia College Center for the Book and Paper Arts, 1104
S. Wabash, Chicago,IL 60605.

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes