Re: [BKARTS] Davey quality, and other Binders' board

On May 24, 2004, at 5:24 PM, Octavia Occult Publishing wrote:

You would think that they would keep an eye on what the customers
thought of
their product. We think they're doing a bad job, and yet their product
is
getting worse. Are we giving them the feedback they need to make their
product better? Perhaps they feel that they can get away with cutting
corners just based on their lack of feedback?

******************************
My guess is that we are small potatoes to Davey. As hand-binders, we
might use 1 or 2% (?) of their annual production, so our
comments/feedback make no difference to them. Only the major users
(thousands? of pounds per week, or maybe per day?)  have the say as to
the quality.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned OLINER Fibre Co's  -- Platinum
Bookbinders Board. It seems very similar to the old Davey Gold Label
Board and I thought I had information that showed that the board is
acid-free.
Oliner can be reached at 800-654-6373 or at     www.oliner.com.
Also, I recently received a mailing that stated that they will be
offering a newer and better board. And, apparently the  old stock is
now on sale at a reduced price.

Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695