Re: [BKARTS] Davey quality (was Binders' board)

Duncan,

All of the above.  Davey "Red label" quality was slipping before it was
purchased by Rock-Tenn. After that, it was as if it had rolled of a cliff.  It is
too dry, to soft. it easily delaminates and it contains pieces of rubber bands,
staples, etc.  As if that were not enough there is often a herring bone
pattern in the surface.

Eska Board may be more uniform but otherwise I don't find it acceptable.
Boards with the word "graphic" in its name are glorified chip board and a
principally used in publisher's bindings.

I had the good fortune of being a distributor for a company which, sadly is
going out of business, that produced a superior binder's board, Schryock
Brothers. They were Neighbors of the old Davey Company in Downingtown, PA and were
older than Davey. Apparently, high quality is only important to a small handful
of bookbinders.

Ed
http://www.bookrestoration.net/

                       60,000 Euro in total prizes