Re: [BKARTS] Davey quality, and other Binders' board

" My experience with Oliner's Platinum board has been very good-  in
addition they are going to be lowering their prices (25% I think) because of
a new, more efficient, manufacturing system. How often does that
happen"....Scott Keller

I have samples of Oliner Platinum Binders Board and Eterno Board (now
carried by Talas) but have not used either yet. Is there anyone on the list
who has had experience with both who can make some comparisons?  I'm sure
both products are superior to Davey board and worth their higher cost.

The information I have on the Oliner Fibrex Platinum bookbinders Board says
that it is a solid fibreboard roe the binding of hard back books; dense,
smooth, flat, giving sharp, clean guillotined edge, composed of 100%
recycled paper and cardboard of approximately the following proportions: 65%
brown kraft, 15% bleached sulphite, 15% ground wood, 5% various. Oliner
Fibre Co., Inc.  2391 Vauxhall Rd, PO Box 308, Union, NJ  07083-0308  Phone:
908-688-5800. http://www.oliner.com

Eterno Board, now carried by Talas, is made by Tschudi of Switzerland. It is
made of multiple layers of acid and lignin free pulp, buffered to a minimum
PH of 8. Both sides have a fine textured finish for superior glue adhesion.
Currently the board of choice for the British Library.

Betty