[BKARTS] CANCELLED: Bookbinding Design Competition - MDE Innovation 2004

This is to let you know that the response to the MDE Innovation 2004
bookbinding design competition has been far less than expected, and that
the organizers have been forced to cancel the competition. Any checks
enroute to me will be returned promptly.

Entries from the US totaled 6. Worldwide 2000 entries were required for the
competition to go forward.

Thank to for expressing an interest in and/or entering the competition. It
was worth the effort.

I would be very interested in hearing from those who might have been
interested as to what caused them in the end not to enter.

Was it the format, design vs. actual binding?
Was it the entry fee?
Anything other reason?

Best regards,
Peter Verheyen

Peter D. Verheyen
Webminder
MDE - Meister der Einbandkunst
<http://www.mde-einbandkunst.de>
<mailto:MDE-USA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
          E N T R Y  D E A D L I N E  -- September 1, 2 0 0 4

Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive at: <http://www.philobiblon.com> ***********************************************