Re: [BKARTS] slightly OT - turning pages in flash

I presented at seminar at the American Association of Museums annual
conference last month and saw the British Library booth in the exhibition
hall. They are trying to get other museums (especially American museums) to
digitize their rare manuscrips. It is a bit pricey.

They gave me a CD with two books on it. The CD is even more amazing than
what is posted on their website! Many more features!

Technology is amazing!

sheri

Quoting Lavinia Adler <laviniaa@xxxxxxxx>:

> Thanks so much for the link, James. This is the most amazing bit of
> computer technology I've ever seen!
>
> Lavinia Adler
>
> On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:48:43 EDT James Tapley <JTHANDBOOK@xxxxxxx>
> writes:
> > http://www.bl.uk/collections/treasures/digitisation1.html at the
> > British
> > Library's website puts online ten of their finest books, chiefly
> > manuscripts from
> > Da Vinci to the Diamond Sutra, which make use of a Turning Pages
> > technology
> > combined with extremely high quality digital scans. There is some
> > information on
> > the technology with contacts. Best, James

> >                        Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
> >          Worldwide Springback Bind-O-Rama and Online Exhibition
> >             Full information at <http://www.philobiblon.com>
> >            E N T R Y  D E A D L I N E  -- September 1, 2 0 0 4
> >
> >       Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004