[BKARTS] OLINER BOARD

    Encouraged by the ongoing discussion, I have sent for and just
received a sample of Oliner board, made by Oliner Fibre Co., Union, NJ
(www.oliner.com).  The board I received was .08" (also comes in .047,
.060, .095, .120)
    I like a lot about it.  It is tough, springy, bends without creasing
or warping.  It saws beautifully, without sending up plumes of fibre or
leaving ragged edges. I THINK it is archival, but the results of my Ph
tester are ambiguous, since the board is so dark.
    Maybe list members can answer some of my questions:
1)  Does Oliner retail from NJ, or does one have to find a dealer? Do
they deal in small quantities?
2)  Is the bookboard truly archival?
3)  Is this discussion of bookboard ever going to end?
Thanks,
Jet Wimp
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels seeking a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel from
the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the back
counter.

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004