Re: [BKARTS] Sharf Fix or Brockman parer/skiver - which one to buy?

Since the Brockman machines are sold out, the question has been rendered
academic. It is, as James mentioned, being reengineered by/for P&S
Engraving. I spoke to them at the SoB conference in Reading (last July) and
had the impression that it would be available soon. The machine was going to
be basically the same except the body was going to be cast, not welded
together.

I have used both machines and I prefer the Brockman, but that's very
subjective. They are really very much alike and like all equipment, the
skill of the user is the dominant factor.

To quote James again, get a good knife and spoke shave and learn to use
them. There is no substitute.

Yehuda Miklaf

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004