Re: [BKARTS] paper cutter query

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Peter D. Verheyen wrote:

> Re: cutting textblocks with it, you will need a guillotine for that, not a
> boardshear/paper cutter. There is a difference.

I've been struggling for awhile now with, sounds like, exactly the problem
of various other people on this thread: I want to cut textblocks; I can't
afford a guillotine (and don't have space for one); my local printer will
cut for me only relucantly and at a high price.

Sometimes I wonder if I should buy a 30-50 or so page cutter, and cut
sections of my textblock at a time. Has anyone had any luck with doing
this? Of course, the concern is that the pages won't line up, no matter
how careful you are to make the cuts identical. Is such precision
possible?

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004