[BKARTS] [Fwd: Re: [BKARTS] Portuguese for shellac?]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Portuguese for shellac?
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:37:35 -0400
From: Bonnie Mendes <bmendes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: STUMPERS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Being from a heavily populated Portuguese area, I asked the staff -- the
word for shellac is "goma-laca".  I verified it in "The New Appleton
Dictionary of the English & Portuguese Languages".
Bonnie Mendes, Reference Librarian
Somerset Public Library
bmendes@xxxxxxxxxxxx / somersetpl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
508-646-2829 / 508-646-2830