[BKARTS] Looking For Spanish Speaking Volunteers in Los Angeles

Greetings:
The Los Angeles Book Arts Center is very pleased to be teaming up  with the
Los Angeles Unified School Districts local district H and  Families in Schools
to promote reading as a fun family activity in  their second annual Feria Del
Libro.
When:       Saturday, June 5, 2004, 10 AM to  5:00 PM
Why:        To promote reading and  to develop a community of readers.
Access to books
and libraries is very limited in Boyle Heights, East and South  Los Angeles,
the
communities served by LAUSD's Local District H
Who:         Expected attendance is  10,000 students and their families.
Where:      Roosevelt High School, 456 South  Matthews Street, Los Angeles
Program:    Author talks and book signing,  children's storytelling,
celebrity readers, arts &
crafts,  book vendor booths, student performances.  The culminating activity
is an awards ceremony for children who have met or surpassed the one  million
word reading goal.
If you would like to help out with this program we will be promoting  reading
and book art through our own project in which we will  assist children in
creating their own books.  We are looking for  volunteers who have a few hours on
Saturday to help us teach these  children a simple handmade book.  Please
contact Lisa Deutsch at (310)  657-2616 or _LAGourmet@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:LAGourmet@xxxxxxx)  to  volunteer or for more information on this day of giving back to
the  community.  We look forward to working with you in  the promotion of
literacy.  For more information on the Los  Angeles Book Arts Center please visit
our website at _www.LABookArts.com_ (http://www.LABookArts.com) .  For more
information on Feria del Libro please visit _www.feriadellibro.net_
(http://www.feriadellibro.net)

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung