[BKARTS] old books

Hoping for some help.  A friend has received a collection of old
books mostly from the early 1800's to early 1900's.  Many are not in
great shape. From what I could see some were first editions.  Almost
all are quarter-bound in leather.

My question - is there a directory of Antiquarian/Rare book dealers in
New England, to whom we could take these books to help us evaluate them?

Thanks for sharing any info you may have!
--
Henrietta in Blue Hill Maine

                      Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                  ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004