Re: [BKARTS] old books - booksellers

On Monday, May 31, 2004 9:24 PM, Henrietta in Blue Hill Maine asked:

Is there a directory of Antiquarian/Rare book dealers in New England, to
whom we could take these books to help us evaluate them?

I suspect there are any number of regional lists, but an easy way to
start would be with the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of American
(ABAA) online at http://abaa.org/.  They provide a number of ways to
search their membership lists.

Not all booksellers are ABAA members of course, so you might just want
to check you local phone book yellow pages under "books - used and rare"
or the yellow pages of the cities closest to you.

Cordially --------------- Sid Huttner
Sidney F. Huttner * Head, Special Collections *
The University of Iowa Libraries *
 Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1420 *
319-335-5922 * FAX: 319-335-5900 *
sid-huttner@xxxxxxxxx