Re: [BKARTS] paper cutter query (adv)

It sounds like what you are looking for is a plough.  This a cutting
assembly that rides along a rail with a manually controlled blade that is
gradually lowered with each passing cut, allowing for a slow glass smooth
cut along the edge of a text block.  Typically a plough is an attachment to
a combination press, but recently we began carrying our Vertical Plough
Plane which is a stand alone unit.  Take a look at it on our web site here:
http://nt.bnt.com/talas/menu.html?category=112&product=1089

Regards,
Aaron Salik
Talas

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Peter D. Verheyen wrote:

> Re: cutting textblocks with it, you will need a guillotine for that, not a
> boardshear/paper cutter. There is a difference.

I've been struggling for awhile now with, sounds like, exactly the problem
of various other people on this thread: I want to cut textblocks; I can't
afford a guillotine (and don't have space for one); my local printer will
cut for me only relucantly and at a high price.

Sometimes I wonder if I should buy a 30-50 or so page cutter, and cut
sections of my textblock at a time. Has anyone had any luck with doing
this? Of course, the concern is that the pages won't line up, no matter
how careful you are to make the cuts identical. Is such precision
possible?

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung
                   ENTRY DEADLINE -- September 1, 2004