Re: [BKARTS] paper cutter query

i use my Martin Yale 7000e to cut board too.

i hate to say it, but looks also played a part in the cutter i bought
myself.  not only was this under $500, but i just love the fact that you
spin a wheel to fix the textblock for cutting.  also, i prefer the
hand-powered lever action.

- kbkbk

> I use a  Martin Yale 7000e to cut text bocks up to 1.5" thick and 12"
> long. It works great and is much more economical than having the local
> printer cut the text blocks. (I've been charge at $1 a cut for this -
> ouch.)  I have also used the 7000e to cut book boards. It works quite
> well for this as long as you cut more than one at a time - the edge of
> the bottom board is sometimes not exactly a right angle. All in all I
> have been very happy with it. A great choice if you want to cut mostly
> text blocks and occasionally book board.
>
> Cost: c. $450. Search the web for Martin Yale 7000e. You should find a
> supplier relatively easily.
>

> Hope this helps,=20
>
> JC
> Philograph Press
> Boston
>

> > > Re: cutting textblocks with it, you will need a guillotine=20
> > for that,=20
> > > not a boardshear/paper cutter. There is a difference.
> >=20
> > I've been struggling for awhile now with, sounds like,=20
> > exactly the problem of various other people on this thread: I=20
> > want to cut textblocks; I can't afford a guillotine (and=20
> > don't have space for one); my local printer will cut for me=20
> > only relucantly and at a high price.
> >=20
> > Sometimes I wonder if I should buy a 30-50 or so page cutter,=20
> > and cut sections of my textblock at a time. Has anyone had=20
> > any luck with doing this? Of course, the concern is that the=20
> > pages won't line up, no matter how careful you are to make=20
> > the cuts identical. Is such precision possible?
> >=20

>                                    =20
>                                    =20

                       Spring[binding]Hath Sprung